Craving for some irresistibly good Indian Food? Hurry over and try them yourself!
Undoubtedly, the hardest question to ever exist is “What do you want to eat?”
In the situation that you’re being asked this question, just choose from one of these Indian food recommendations we’ve picked out! We’ve listed some places and why you should try them. So, read on!
#1 Addictive Flavours At Punjab Express
As the name hints, Punjab Express serves Indian Food on the go when you need a quick Indian food fix. Although aiming to be quick and fuss-free, there’s nothing basic about their flavours and their presentation.
Drop by Cheras to enjoy the full dine-in experience or get it delivered for your convenience.
There are many favourites on the menu but we recommend:
- Tandoori Chicken – Can’t go wrong
- Chicken Tikka Dakshani – For those who can’t handle their spice, this dish is a perfect blend of sweet and spicy
- Hyderabad Biryani – This time-consuming to make dish is a must-try for an explosion of flavours
- Mushroom Achari – Perfect as a side dish for a taste of fragrant flavour
View their menu here or order from: punjabexpress.beepit.com
Details for Punjab Express:
- Location: B-27-G, Jalan C180/1, Dataran C180 Dataran, C180, 43200 Cheras, Selangor (Maps)
- Operating Hours: 11am – 11pm daily
Follow Punjab Express on Instagram
#2 There’s Naan Other Like Moghul Mahal
Without a doubt, there’s one combination that is guaranteed to cause serious salivation – Naan and Mutton Vindaloo. The extensive variety of naan, rotis and prathas on Moghul Mahal’s menu are unquestionably impressive. They make the perfect vehicle to carry all the delicious curries.
In addition, there’s another thing that is highlighted here — their house-made Paneer (Indian Cheese). Sample their Paneer served in different ways. Or, if you can’t get enough of it, buy it for takeaway and have it whenever you like!
Give these a try:
- Paneer Butter Masala (Moghul Special) – A must-try at Moghul Mahal
- EVERY NAAN ON THE MENU – If you’re like us and love carbs, you can’t go wrong with whichever option on the menu
- Veg Kurma – For your #MeatlessMonday option with an array of vegetables cooked in a velvety and creamy sauce
Mogul Mahal is here to provide all the carbs and cheese you need!
View their menu here or order from: moghulmahalrestaurant.beepit.com
Details for Moghul Mahal:
- Location: Brickfields, Cyberjaya and Menara KL
- Operating Hours: 9:30am – 10pm (Brickfields and Menara KL), 8am – 10pm (Cyberjaya)
#3 Mind-Blowing Authentic Mughlai Flavours At D’Tandoor
A name unfamiliar to many, D’tandoor is famously known for their Mughlai dishes cooked in handis (large earthenware or metallic pots). Unquestionably, you’ll find your standard Indian food staples here and something more.
Their menu is designed for sharing so be sure to go in a group to get the best out of the experience. In addition to this, their extensive menu will cater to all your cravings for Indian food as well as any dietary requirements so there’s something for everyone.
#BeepRecommends ordering their:
- Murgh Musallam Akhbari – Make sure you order this in advance and you’ll be in for a big treat!
- Malai Tikka – Perfect for those who are after a milder spice profile
- Beef Vindaloo – Tender beef cubes in a special house-made vindaloo sauce; this dish pairs perfectly with rice or bread
- Channa Masala – Chickpeas in a creamy sauce flavoured with garam masala, fennel, cumin, tomatoes, garlic, ginger and coriander. It definitely packs flavour!
View their menu here or order from: dtandoor.beepit.com
Details for D’Tandoor:
- Location: Subang Jaya, Damansara Utama and Ayer@8 Putrajaya
- Operating Hours: 10:30am – 10pm (Subang Jaya), 11am – 3pm and 6pm – 10:30pm (Damansara Utama and Ayer@8 Putrajaya)
#4 Time To Chai Them All At Yatra Indian Cuisine
Yatra Indian Cuisine is a quaint little restaurant located in Ativo Plaza, with a menu that aims to impress. Yatra is all about simple Indian food done well but believe us, there’s nothing simple about their flavours.
Choose from your classics like the Chicken Tikka Masala or alternatively, if you’re feeling more adventurous try their Chicken Chukka Special or their NZ Mutton Perattal Special. Make sure you save some space for desserts – we highly recommend the sweet appam!
In addition to all the fantastic options on the food menu, their Chai Latte should not be overlooked. It’s rich, creamy and addictively aromatic.
This hidden gem in Bandar Sri Damansara caters to parties of any size from single servings for a quick lunch break to a sit-down dinner with families or friends.
You have to try their:
- Chicken Chettinad – If you’re the kind to look for the chilli sign on every menu, this one is for you!
- Gobi Manchurian – Crispy cauliflower florets tossed in a Manchurian sauce
- Prawn Stir Fry Masala Special – If you love seafood, you have to try this
- Thali Biryani Rice – This is a House special so we recommend you try it if you ever dine with them
If you’re after traditional Northern Indian food done exceptionally well, Yatra is your spot.
View their menu here or order from: yatraindiancuisine.beepit.com
Details for Yatra Indian Cuisine:
- Location: Unit G-5, Block B, Ativo Plaza, 1 Jalan PJU 9, 1, Damansara Avenue, Bandar Sri Damansara, 52200 Kuala Lumpur (Maps)
- Operating Hours: 9am – 9pm (Monday to Thursday), 9:00am – 9:30pm (Friday), 9:30am – 9:45pm (Saturday and Sunday)
#5 Nama-stay Here All Night At Makhan by Kitchen Mafia
In spite of everyone visiting Makhan by Kitchen Mafia for their British comfort food, we recommend you try their Indian cuisine menu. Located in Gasket Alley, it has a modern layout and a warm ambience so expect a lively atmosphere when you dine with them.
What we like and recommend:
- Jhatpat Bhindi – These stir-fried ladies fingers done Punjabi style are the perfect start to your meal
- Butter Smoked Duck – The smoked duck gives the dish an extra flavour and pairs perfectly with the creamy and buttery tomato sauce
- Chicken Tandoori Style – An elevated version of Tandoori Chicken
- Lamb Shank Rogan Josh – Braised for four hours in spices and garam masala, this dish is a perfect centrepiece for a get-together
- Uncle J Seafood Curry Claypot – If you love seafood, you’ll love this! Serves up to 4 to 6 people so bring along your family and friends
In addition, the accompanying drinks menu and the service is equally stellar so be sure to stop by whenever you’re in Petaling Jaya! However, beware of opening hours – they’re only available from 3pm onwards and open till 12am.
View their menu here or order from: makhan.beepit.com
Details for Makhan by Kitchen Mafia:
- Location: Lot 15, Jalan 13/6, PJS 13, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor (Maps)
- Operating Hours: Closed on Monday, 3pm – 12am (Tuesday to Friday), 1pm – 12am (Saturday), 1pm – 11pm (Sunday)
You don’t have to go far (or anywhere at all) for good food. Just Beep it!
Click here to see 10 New Restaurants To Try in 2022