Are you #TeamCash or #TeamCashless?
They say that cash is king but we definitely prefer going cashless, feeling like an ultimate queen with the scan of a QR. Forget the loose change, we’d much rather the convenience of going cashless – ordering at our own pace through our phones via QR Order & Pay and even going dutch when dining out with friends is much more seamless.
Here are 7 cashless cafes & restaurants to check out next time you’re out with your friends:
1. Grub by Ahong & Friends
In the high stakes game of all things grilled, Grub by Ahong & Friends is no stranger to most (especially you PJ-ites)!
Located at Seksyen 17, Petaling Jaya, Grub by Ahong & Friends is a no-frills, neighbourhood restaurant that serves awesome steaks that are cooked to perfection.
Their steaks are charred on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside! We recommend ordering their:
- RAMDON V3 aka Jjapaguri – We love this super unique dish! Think ramen plus good quality beef. #boujeeramen 😉
- Angus XL RIBEYE Bone-in 1KG – suitable to share with your family and friends.
Tip: Grub is always fully booked so we recommend making a reservation at least 1 week in advance.
Have a peek at Grub by Ahong & Friend’s menu here: grub.beepit.com
Is Grub by Ahong & Friends Halal-Certified: Yes, pork-free!
- Location: 608, Jalan 17/10, Seksyen 17, 46400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Operating Hours: 11am – 10:30pm
2. Urban Daybreak
Dreaming of being in Melbourne with a cuppa in hand? Well, you don’t need to go too far if you’re around Bangsar! (Their first branch is in Penang.)
Known for their scrumptious Aussie-style brunches and coffee, it’s guaranteed that you’ll love Urban Daybreak and you’ll definitely keep going back for more.
#BeepRecommends ordering their:
- Urban’s Really Big Breakfast – perfect for sharing with your date or friends.
- Fried Chicken Waffle – if you love savoury and sweet together.
- Avocado Smash – an ultimate Melbourne classic!
Tip: It’s always packed during weekends so we recommend using QR Order & Pay at the comforts of your seat to beat the queue!
Have a peek at Urban Daybreak’s menu here: urbandaybreakbangsar.beepit.com
- Location: 11, Jalan Telawi 5, Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Operating Hours: 7:30am – 5pm (Tuesday to Sunday), 7:30am – 5:30pm every Monday
3. Three Years Old
Nestled in the heart of KL, this cafe is the ultimate #OOTD, #aesthetic brunch spot any day of the week. It’s the perfect place to snap a few Instagram worthy pics for the feed and for a good feed.
We recommend ordering their:
- Smoked Duck Aglio Olio
- Eat Full Full Breakfast – the marinara sauce is the BOMB
- Cocolicious – a thirst-quenching, citrusy drink
Tip: They’re crowded any day of the week. So, go cashless and pay through the Beep App to save time!
Have a peek at Three Years Old’s menu here: threeyearsold.beepit.com
- Location: 1, Jln Sin Chew Kee, Bukit Bintang, 50150 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Operating Hours: 9:30am – 6:30pm
4. Saba Restaurant
Try out Saba for one of the best and most authentic Middle Eastern Restaurants in Klang Valley. They’re accessible at three locations: Cyberjaya, Dataran Jelatek and Publika for your convenience.
You have to try their:
- Lamb Mandi – a favourite amongst many
- Chicken Shawarma Platter – perfect for sharing!
- Beef Mogagal – if you’re looking for flavour, this is the dish for it
Oh, so flavourful and affordable!
Have a peek at Saba Restaurant’s menu here: saba.beepit.com
- Is Saba Halal-Certified: Yes, they’re halal-certified!
- Location: Cyberjaya, Dataran Jelatek and Publika
- Operating Hours: 10am – 11:30pm (Cryberjaya) and 10am – 10pm (Dataran Jelatek and Publika)
5. Feeling Plus
Whenever you want to lay back and enjoy a cup of coffee, we recommend Feeling Plus. They’re mostly about the brews here but if you’re feeling peckish, there’s a variety of toasties on offer from their classic Triple-Cheese Toasties to the Kimchi & Mushroom Toasties for the adventurous.
If you love coffee and toasties, we recommend ordering their:
- Mac ‘n’ Cheese & Cauliflower Karaage Toastie
- Kimchi & Mushroom Toastie (Vegetarian)
- And coffee, of course!
Tip: If you’re in need of a mid day pick-me-up, order and pay for your coffee through the Beep App to save some time by going cashless.
Have a peek at Feeling Plus’s menu here: feelingplus.beepit.com
- Location: A-1-01, 5th Place, The Five Block A, Kompleks Pejabat Damansara, Jalan Dungun, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Operating Hours: 8:30am – 5pm (Closed every Monday)
6. Najia’s Pakistani Tawa & Grill
We absolutely love their biryanis!
They have a wide variety of biryanis – from mutton to chicken and even peas for a vegetarian option. There’s something for everyone at Najia’s.
What we love:
- Balochi Keema Biryani – middle spiced rice with beef that’s perfect for adults and kids
- Sindhi Chicken Biryani – a must have!
- Prawn Masala with Naan – for when you want a lighter bite
Have a peek at Najia’s Pakistani Tawa & Grill’s menu here: najiaspakistanitawaandgrill.beepit.com
Is Najia’s Pakistani Tawa & Grill Halal-Certified: Yes, they’re halal-certified!
- Location: 6, Jalan Solaris 5, Solaris Mont Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Operating Hours: 11am – 10pm (Closed every Monday)
Think: Industrial feels with wooden furniture and lots of natural light pouring in from the large windows and greenery peeking through. PULP is the perfect spot to spend your weekends.
- Papa’s Breakfast – A hearty option to start your day
- Thai Chicken Rice Bowl – Something to really fill you up
- Classic French Toast – For the sweet tooth
- Location: 29-01, Jalan Riong, Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur (APW)
- Operating Hours: 7:30am – 10pm
Whether you’re seeking to try something new, treating yourself or pure relaxation, this list caters to all. We recommend you download the Beep App prior to your visit for an easier ordering process through contactless QR Order & Pay.
And if you don’t feel like going out? Go contactless and order everything through the Beep App and have it delivered.
Go Contactless, Just Beep!
Click here to see 9 TTDI Cafes That Are Perfect For Brunch (2022)