Ahh… Nasi lemak. The cornerstone of every Malaysian’s breakfast (and lunch, dinner, and supper).
Spicy sambal, crunchy ikan bilis, and fragrant coconut milk rice… Oh damn!
Finding the best nasi lemak in KL or PJ has never been easy, especially as a nasi lemak lover.
And after much searching and taste testing, this writer can finally present my list (in no particular order) of 7 best nasi lemak in KL and PJ, and some say Klang Valley. Let’s go!
1. Nasi Lemak Bumbung
What sets Nasi Lemak Bumbung apart from the others is their fried chicken, which is packed with tons of Indian spices to give it that extra kick. Wowza!
And you know how usually you only get a tiny slice of egg with your nasi lemak? Well they don’t do that here! Instead, you’ll get a beautiful, runny telur mata kerbau.
So if you’re in PJ, this is one of the best nasi lemak near you!
Mix everything together and the flavours will be off the roof!
- Average Price: RM6
- Operating Hours: Monday – Sunday | 5.30pm – 4.00am (Tuesday | 5:30 pm – 1:30 am)
- Location: Jalan 21/11b, Sea Park, 46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
2. Mamalee Nasi Lemak
Yet another well-known nasi lemak spot, especially among PJ and Subang kakis. Their star dish, Nasi Lemak with Butter Milk Salted Egg Fried Chicken, is the absolute bombs!
The name of the dish is quite a mouthful, but once you’ve had a mouthful of it, you’ll be ordering it again and again before you know it.
One important thing to note is the parking there is extremely limited, as it’s located in the busy commercial area of Damansara Utama, so make sure you plan ahead! Or you could simply enjoy Mamalee’s nasi lemak delivery directly at mamalee.beepit.com!
- Average Price: RM13
- Mamalee Menu And Food Delivery: mamalee.beepit.com
- Operating Hours: Monday – Sunday | 9am – 7pm
- Location: 27M & 29M, Jalan SS 21/37, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Follow Mamalee on Facebook and Instagram
3. Village Park Restaurant
To us, Village Park’s nasi lemak is the OG of fried chicken nasi lemak.
It’s hands down the most famous nasi lemak spot in Petaling Jaya.
Founded in 2003 by a Chinese-Muslim couple, Village Park has since won the hearts of nasi lemak lovers all across Malaysia and multiple awards, including the Time Out KL Food Awards back in 2014. The nasi lemak here is revered for their signature fried chicken, crispy on the outside and trust me when I say this – juuuicy on the inside.
Have a spoonful of it with their delicious sambal and you’ll know why this place is crowded 24/7.
- Average Price: RM10
- Operating Hours: Monday – Sunday | 7am – 5pm
- Location: 5, Jalan SS 21/37, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Follow Village Park on Facebook and Instagram
4. NALE The Nasi Lemak Co
Recently featured in The Star, NALE The Nasi Lemak Co serves the one of the best ayam berempah in town, which happens to pair perfectly with their yummy nasi lemak!
They’re also known for their wide variety of nasi lemak in Subang such as Nasi Lemak Ayam Bakar Gulai and Nasi Lemak Lamb Shank Gulai (yes, a while freaking lamb shank), which tastes just as good.
- Average Price: RM18
- Operating Hours: Monday – Sunday | 10am – 10pm
- Location: Sunway Monash Residence, Persiaran Tasik Barat, Sunway South Quay, Bandar Sunway, Subang Jaya, Selangor
- Follow Nale Nasi Lemak on Facebook and Instagram
5. Nasi Lemak Wanjo
If you ask anyone where the best nasi lemak in KL is, they’ll likely point you to Nasi Lemak Wanjo in Kampung Baru.
Established in 1963, Nasi Lemak Wanjo has maintained their place as a top nasi lemak spot in KL for over 50 years and counting. Locals love going there for breakfast and supper time.
Their sambal is more towards the sweet type, and it’s heaven once you combine it with their fluffy santan rice and crispy ikan bilis. We recommend adding on their sambal sotong, which is fresh and tender squid, cooked with their aromatic sambal.
- Average Price: RM18
- Operating Hours: Monday – Sunday | 6am – 10pm
- Location: 8, Jalan Raja Muda Musa, Kampung Baru, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Follow Nasi Lemak Wanjo on Facebook and Instagram
6. Nasi Lemak Medan Selera 223 / Nasi Lemak Panas
Here’s a tale as old as time, of two nasi lemak stalls in PJ.
Both are located in the same food court with their own fanbase.
One is called Nasi Lemak Suri, a.k.a the blue stall. It prides itself for its fluffy rice served and sambal, which is sweeter than your average nasi lemak bungkus.
The other is called Nasi Lemak Yatie, a.k.a the red stall. It’s known for its delicious spicy sambal, which packs a punch!
Both are priced at only RM1.60 per packet, so why not give both a try? Let us know in the comment section below which you prefer.
- Price: RM1.60/packet
- Operating Hours: 7am – 10pm
- Location: Medan Selera 223, Jalan 51a/223, Seksyen 51a, 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Follow Nasi Lemak Yatie on Facebook
7. Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa
Founded in 1973 by Puan Normi Tandoh, this nasi lemak joint that was originally only catering for family needs, is now a fan favourite among locals.
- Price: RM1.50 – RM18.50
- Operating Hours: 8am – 8pm
- Kampung Baru: 4, Jalan Raja Muda Musa, Kampung Baru, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Rawang: 45-G-A, Jalan 7A/3 Medan Puteri, Bandar Tasik Puteri, 48020 Rawang, Selangor
- PJ: Glomac, PJ (Take away & delivery only ) – 1-23, Glomac Centro, Jalan Teratai Pju 6A, 47400, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Follow Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa on Facebook and Instagram