Yes yes, I’m aware that Malaysia has lots of food delivery apps.
So I’ll just get to the point and make my case on why Beep isn’t yet another food delivery app by answering these 4 most common questions:
- What is Beep?
- Why should I order from Beep?
- How can I order from Beep?
- What makes Beep different from other food delivery apps?
You ready? Let’s jump right in!
TLDR – Beep is a platform that showcases cafes and restaurants in Malaysia that run their own independent food delivery service.
What is Beep?
Beep is a food delivery enabler that allows cafes and restaurants to run their own food delivery service through a network of logistic partners like GoGet, MrSpeedy and Lalamove.
We launched so F&B outlets would be able to offer a food delivery option to customers without having to pay high commission rates of up to 35% for each order, which would eat into their profits.
This means that more money can go back into the actual business!
Here’s a simple timeline of our story:
- March 2020 – Beep launches 2 days after the Movement Control Order (MCO) was first announced in Malaysia due to rising COVID-19 cases.
- October 2020 – The official Beep food delivery app launches on both the App Store and Google Play Store thanks to loyal foodies like you, who love to support your go-to food places!
Why should I order from Beep?
It’s lunchtime, you and your friends are going in circles asking the dreaded question:
“What to eat ah?”
If so I have some good news (and even greater food) for you!
Beep automatically detects your area and recommends you and your foodie gang only the best restaurants available for delivery & pickup nearby.
Good news, they’re on Beep!
Fun Fact: When Jaslyn Cakes first got on Beep in April, almost their entire menu sold out within minutes! (I’ve tried it myself and I guarantee you their desserts are worth the hype!)
To put it simply, Beep enables you to discover cafes and restaurants that deliver awesome food up to 20km away.
How can I order from Beep?
Ordering your favourite boba, nasi lemak, medium-rare steak, or even durian ice cream has never been easier!
How you ask?
With just these 5 simple steps, here’s how:
- Download the Beep app or go to beepit.com
- Choose from over 1,000+ local restaurants
- Select your go-to meals
- Pay with your preferred payment option (debit/credit card, online banking, Touch ‘n Go eWallet, Boost, GrabPay)
- And…that’s it! Your food is already on its way to you!
Here are some of my personal recommendations from Beep:
- Jaslyn Cakes – Sea Salt Valrhona Brownie
- Kind Kones – Pandan Gula Melaka Ice Cream
- Sugar And I – Chocolate Bomboloni
- Pokok KL – Aunty Aileen’s Nyonya Laksa
- Mamalee – Salted Egg Buttermilk Nasi Lemak
- Maria’s SteakCafe – Australia Wagyu MB9 Rib Eye
What makes Beep different from other food apps?
You’ve probably seen me used the word “supporting local restaurants” at least 50 times at this point.
So here’s a simple comparison to show how exactly are you supporting them when you order from Beep:
|Beep||Other Food |
|Big difference||Food delivery enabler so F&B outlets can run their own food delivery service at a lower commission fee||Food delivery marketplace|
|Dominant eateries||Local restaurants||Fast food chains|
|Earn cashback and track when you order||Yes||No|
|Average delivery coverage||20km||5km|
|Percentage (%) of commission fee collected from restaurants||Under 30%||Up to 35%|
It all boils down to this…
If you’re a fan of discovering great local food, earning cashback, and supporting your neighbourhood restaurants…
Download the Beep app and start showing some love to your community now!
Want good food delivered to your doorstep? Just Beep it!